Monday, December 6, 2010

Our town in lights

We went to our town's Christmas Market yesterday.   Honestly the shopping was a little disappointing, actually tremendously disappointing.  No stands with cute handmade merchandise to be found anywhere.There was a lot of Gluehwein (mulled wine) to be had though.  At just about every stand, as matter of fact.  I like the stuff too, but geesh. 

The center of town was nicely decorated though. Paper lanterns lined the main downtown street.



Cityhall... (we were married here)



I had more pictures, but we have my husband has a new camera and I we need to practice.  Next weekend we are heading to the Christmas Market in Frankfurt.  The shopping will definitely be better.

5 comments:

  1. Your town is so sweet! Thanks for showing where you were married, it looks just like it could be in a movie..how quaint it all is.

    Hope shopping is better for you next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the shopping wasn't up to much..
    Keep practising with that camera 'cos I want to see lots of photos from Frankfurt please. ;o)
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri - I really forget how quaint it is. It just becomes sort of day to day. It is good to open ones eyes every once in awhile.
    Jo - Definitely practicing with camera and reading the book we have. Hard to believe I took a photography course in college (did I just admit that). Anyway it has been like 16 years (did it again).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time in Frankfurt. How long a drive is it from you guys ??
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is only about 35 minutes from here. I am really looking forward to the trip and I need to stock that newly organized organized spice cabinet ;)

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!