Friday, February 18, 2011

Tissue Storage

Juliette, at Zuhause in Germany, did a post earlier this week about wrapping paper storage and asked if anyone had a favorite re-purposing organizing trick.  I had to ponder about it for a bit, but then my virtual hand raised itself (think Hermoine in Harry Potter) and I thought "me, me, me..".

I have real issues with the prints that come on tissue boxes (can't stand them) and hadn't really found a tissue box cover that I really liked (although I just did a quick search and found this - hilarious, right?).  I had a few canning jars stored in the basement waiting for me to use them for something.  I know canning would have been the obvious choice, but that is just not going to happen.  I do make my own jam, but these are just to big for that. Anyway. One day, not sure how, I came up with this.


The canning jars are from an old German company called Frauenlob (translates Women's Praise) and are perfect for this application because the opening is just wide enough to get the tissues in.

Anyone have a favorite re-purposing organizing trick to share?

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Yay, you posted on it! Gosh, I love this idea and will have to examine my jar selection... I think the Aldi kleenex are the softest, but you are so right about them having the.worst.box designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I have always stayed away from Kleenex boxes, ugh! This is a much better idea.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ich mag auch keine blöden kleenex-behälter. allerdings fliegen bei mir feuchttücher rum ;) so ne tolle aufbewahrung wie deine fehlt mir noch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These jars are divine! I use them for everything and now I have use no.101 thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea your brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!