Sunday, January 2, 2011

Brownie Improv

On Friday I tried a new brownie recipe. Actually, probably my first that didn't come out of a box.  I made the double recipe and I didn't have two pans that were the size suggested.  So I came up with this improv.


I folded the parchment paper into a triangle at the end and used a silicone potholder to hold it in place.  Violà, it worked!


The brownies were for dessert on New Year's Eve and were a hit.  I received several comments along the line of how typically American they were.  Had to laugh to myself because the recipe was from an English bloke.

3 comments:

  1. You are brilliant to come up with that 'make do'! I thought I came up with some pretty unique tricks but I do believe that you have topped me on this one...And your first brownie recipe too, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ soisses - Danke!
    @ Sherri - I surprised myself a little.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!